Nutty Energy Bites
Are you looking for a quick healthy snack (or breakfast) to take on the go? Look no further than these delicious, easy-to-make energy bites. Customize by substituting your favorite ingredients.
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter (I like fresh ground, nothing but peanuts). Can also use almond butter, tahini, etc.
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
Dry (you can substitute or adjust amount of each ingredient as long as measurement stays the same)
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons crisped rice cereal
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
Can substitute any chopped dried fruits or chopped toasted nuts or increase amounts of coconut or chocolate chips. If mixture is too dry (not sticking together well) you can add some extra maple syrup.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients
- Pour wet mixture over dry mixture
- Stir well
- Form into bite-sized balls (I use a small melon scoop)
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes